What is the NHS Color Dance?

National Honor Society’s Color Dance, gives you the opportunity to enjoy a night filled with music, dancing, color, and helping the Homeward Pikes Peak charity!

Sophomores Killian Asher and Versais Marken at last years Color Dance.

Air Academy High School’s Color Dance welcomes all students to come and enjoy a night filled with music and dancing. Tickets will be sold for $10 on Infinite Campus Parent Portal until October 13th, however, tickets will be sold for $15 at the door. A ticket provides both your ticket into the dance, along with a packet filled with colorful powder, which will be thrown in the air about twenty minutes into the dance.

Students wear all white so as the powder falls down, your outfit is met with a unique colorful design. This year’s Color Dance will be held on Saturday, Oct 15th, 2022, in the AAHS courtyard from 7-10 pm. The Color Dance is held by the National Honor Society (NHS) and the proceeds will be given to charity. Senior NHS member, Jazmine Strader, along with sophomores, Sam Anderson and Fisher Brunk, provided insight into what a Color Dance is like.

“NHS spends its time doing charity work and helping serve the community. The NHS is actually hosting the color dance this year! It is one of the fundraising activities for the semester,” Strader said.

Typically Student Council plans the dances at AAHS, however, this year the NHS is hosting the dance as a fundraiser.

“The Color Dance was planned by our wonderful NHS officers and our staff member, Ms. Motter. They helped decide which charity to support and how we could use the dance to support it,” Strader explained.

Coming to the Color Dance will not only bring students amusement but will also have the benefit of helping the NHS donate its proceeds to charity.  The charity the NHS is donating to is called Homeward Pikes Peak. 

“Homeward Pikes Peak helps people struggling with addiction and homelessness throughout the pikes peak area,” Strader stated.

Supporting the Color Dance this year is going to be much more than a casual dance AAHS has held in the past. By coming to the dance you will be supporting a cause that has a big impact on the community in Colorado Springs.

“The Color Dance last year was very unique compared to the other dances. I really liked how the students were able to throw the colors because it just added a different aspect to a dance that they typically don’t have,” Anderson stated.

“Going to the Color Dance last year was a great experience because of the powder,” Brunk said.

While talking with both Sam and Fisher they both mentioned the powder being their favorite thing about the dance. The colored powder has stuck out to students because it gives them an experience that you typically would not have at other dances, which is what makes this dance specifically so special.

A flyer listing details for the Color Dance.

“The Color Dance is when everyone wears white so when the powder is thrown your clothes become really colorful. Then there is the usual dancing and singing to really loud music. But overall it’s definitely a great time,” Anderson expressed.

With all of this in mind, this year’s 2022 Color Dance is special for several reasons such as the NHS hosting the dance, proceeds being given to Homeward Pikes Peak, and the colored powders that will be thrown throughout the night. Coming to the Color Dance on Oct 15, 2022, will help a major cause and bring some joy to your night!