Air Academy High School's Student News Publication

Air Academy Seniors Return to Their Roots

The Woodmen Roberts Elementary Students and Staff Clap Out Air Academy Seniors and Wish them the Best in the Next Steps of Their Lives
2024 Air Academy seniors Ryan and Michael Ellsworths first big steps into Kindergarten at Woodmen Roberts.

As Air Academy High School draws close to the end of the year, graduating seniors who attended Woodmen Roberts Elementary get a nostalgic opportunity to return to their roots. On May 13 The seniors who once roam the halls of Woodmen Roberts go back to get clapped out and cheered on as they take the next step into the future of their lives.

For quite a few of the AAHS 2024 graduating class, the hope of returning to their Elementary School gives them a lot of excitement and nostalgia to go back to a place where they spent so much time and did a lot of work just to go back and be told that they’ve made it is something so rewarding.

“I’m glad I will get the opportunity to return to Woodmen Roberts and just remember where I came from and where I started my whole education and the opportunity to show the Elementary students if you apply yourself you can succeed,” senior Ryan Ellsworth stated.

Ellsworth’s excitement is shared by many of his friends and peers Not just it being an opportunity for them to get the recognition that they deserve but also the opportunity to inspire these elementary kids to strive for accomplishments and show them that it is possible to get through your education.

“Many of the seniors see going back to our school as a grand opportunity to remember what it was like when they were young and see how far they have made it from being students at WRE,” elementary school principal Nate Hansen exclaimed.

The senior clapout will serve as a reminder of what education can do in a person’s life and the importance of persevering through your education. For the graduating seniors of 2024, it’s an opportunity to reflect and look back on the lessons that they have learned throughout the years and remember the growth that they experienced during the years at Woodmen Roberts.

As AAHS seniors prepare to say farewell to high school And start the next chapter of their life either that be college or trade school or just straight into the workforce the seniors are eager to give these Elementary students encouragement and wisdom that they can take with them as they go through their own experiences the seniors hope to give the message that with dedication and effort, you can make your destiny.

“It’s incredibly important for these students to see that what we have succeeded in is attainable but it always starts with laying down a strong Foundation of effort and hard work I’ve learned a lot through ROTC and I hope to instill that dedication is what helps you succeed,” senior JROTC member Ryan Bong mentioned.

As seniors prepare to take their final steps and walk through the nostalgic halls of WRE they carry memories of good years spent with the laughter the learning the growth that they have made. As these seniors say goodbye to their elementary school once again they left behind a great legacy of inspiration and gave hope to generations of students who will follow and walk in the same hallways that they have walked.