Air Academy High School's Student News Publication

Students Reflect on Senior Music Showcase

Air Academy Seniors in Choir Showcase Their Talents
Dr Lee and Senior Sarah Newbrough sing “Closer to Fine” from the barbie movie together.

Air Academy High School seniors in Choir had the recent opportunity to showcase their musical talents on April 15 in the media center to friends and family. At the beginning of the month, students had auditions for singing at graduation or senior breakfast with the additional opportunity to showcase their talent at the senior recognition ceremony hosted by Dr. Lee. Many felt the opportunity had value and gave great recognition to the seniors who have put time and work into choir through the years making it a very successful choir event.

“The opportunity to share my music with peers and family was truly rewarding. And the opportunity to sing with Dr. Lee is something I’ll cherish forever,” senior Sarah Newbrough stated.

The event was very successful due to two juniors who hosted the senior music showcase, Willam Graham and Emily Strader, these students recognized the seniors by awarding them with creative paper plate awards that they designed and drew out as well as gifts to the seniors who made the biggest impact because of all the effort Graham and Strader put into the showcase the seniors who participated in the music showcase felt appreciated.

“Highlighting seniors during the senior music showcase was the highlight of my career. This year’s seniors in the Air Academy choir are some of my favorite people so it meant a lot to me that I got to co-host the ceremony,” junior William Graham expressed.

Although the celebration was filled with excitement one couldn’t help but feel the encroaching sadness regarding Air Academy saying goodbye to the amazing Dr. Lee we thank Dr. Lee for all she has done and Air Academy is forever grateful for her large impact on the school community.

Not only did the school get to celebrate the seniors and Dr. Lee they also had the opportunity to welcome the new beloved choir teacher Mr. Jones. As Air Academy adjusts to this change students are so excited at the prospect of being taught by such a remarkable teacher and man.

“I am very grateful that I get to work with such amazing students and people. Air Academy High School choir students are the best, SKODETS,” AAHS’s new choir director Mr. Jones proclaimed.

Furthermore, allowing seniors one last chance to showcase their talents allowed all choir students to share and express themselves. Strader and Graham announced the acts in a very creative way, with a story of who the seniors are and why they mean so much to them.

“Sharing personal stories of our favorite seniors gave us a voice to share how greatly these seniors impacted us as people and in our music,” junior Emily Strader reported.

As the participants reflected on the experience, they all agreed that the Senior Music Showcase was a very fun opportunity that gave them something to remember in the years to come. If one attended the ceremony they would have seen the amazing senior slideshow that brought recognition to all of the choir seniors regardless if they performed or not. The senior showcase allowed many to share personal passions.

“Air Academy Choir has been such a massive staple in my life over the last four years and it means so much to know that my peers value my dedication towards this program. I feel so blessed to have been a part of the culture and family we’ve built at Air Academy,” senior choir president Avi Kumar reflected.

The senior music showcase was a very influential and amazing way of recognizing AAHS choir seniors. Although there was a plethora of emotions during the assembly one can’t help but celebrate Dr. Lee and the seniors as the take their next big step into the future.