Air Academy High School's Student News Publication

Celebrate Kindness With Air Academy High School!

AAHS will be celebrating all the kindness that has been shared by students and staff next week!
AAHS Students bringing the school spirit  in an assembly.
AAHS Students bringing the school spirit in an assembly.

Air Academy High School (AAHS) will be hosting a Kindness week on January 15th-19th,2024. Link Crew and Student Council will host an event at lunch on January 17,2024 that will have students celebrate acts of kindness they have seen throughout AAHS. AAHS’s DECA program will also be participating in the week by creating a specialty drink through Kadet Coffee in support of celebrating kindness.

Student Council will also be hosting bracelet making on Monday, Acts of Kindness Chain on Wednesday, Quacks of Kindness of Thursday, and Lastly Rocks for Riley on Friday. For Wednesdays event in specific Link Crew and Student Council will be partnering by hosting an event at lunch for students to participate in.

The event will consist of writing acts of kindness that have happened at AAHS on a strips of paper that will later be turned into a link chain. The chain will be displayed throughout the school.

“Kindness is such a special thing to celebrate. While it is something that is super simple it really does create such a difference in people’s lives,”  sophomore Emily Strader expressed.

In school people are constantly interacting. Whether it is between staff and students or between a colleague/peer making sure those interactions are being made with kindness can go along ways.

In celebrating kindness week Kadet Coffee has created a specialty drink called “Cup full of on Sunshine”. The drinks title was inspired by the happy and upbeat song “Pocket full of Sunshine” by: Natasha Bedingfield. The flavor of the drink is a cake better due to the warm color yellow which also relates back to being kind and happy.

“The drink is a great way to celebrate kindness week because its a fun gift that can be given to you friends or staff,” junior DECA officer Alexis Potter explained.

The slogan for the drink is “Fill someone’s cup up today” which is not only a play on words but also follows the morals of kindness week. The Officer team will release a campaign video for the drink on January 15, 2o24 along posting detail for the drink on Kadet Coffee’s Instagram. Posters were also be spread throughout the school of next week so students and staff are aware of the new offer.

By having Link Crew, StuCo, and Kadet Coffee being involved in promoting kindness the week will create many factors students can look forward to. By these different programs coming together it gives students a good representation of that no matter your differences you can still come together to be kind. AAHS already has shown time and time again that the value of kindness is very big implementation that staff and students follow to create a inclusive community.

“I think celebrating a week for kindness is very sweet idea. At my other school in the past I have never done anything like that and I think is really shows how kind and inclusive students and staff are at Air Academy,” freshman, Maddie Aguayo stated.

Kindness Week is a great way to show the morals of AAHS. Mr. Olsen, principle of AAHS,  has always advocated at assemblies for positivity amongst student. AAHS positive community has always been a big priority for staff and students to implement in day to day life.