Blue and Silver Pride

Senior Girls and Kadet Krazies members went all out for Homecoming with overalls and their Kadet Krazies shirts! Original Photo from Whitney Moran

Fight Kadets Fight!   

Friday night lights, in the stands, cheering on your favorite football boys as they compete for your school during the homecoming game. Cold winter night, cheeks rosy from the snow, but the gym is hot and sweaty as your girls basketball team drains threes and finishes their layups.

These are events that are vital to the high school community, but they would not be the same without the vast sections of screaming fans. That is where the new and improved Kadet Krazies come into play. Our student sections have multiplied in size, no matter the event; so what is the cause of the rise of this new spirit?

Come the start of my senior year, I vowed to make the most of my senior year by attending every event possible, and it seems I am not the only one. Mrs. Cullen, a new teacher here at AAHS, brought not only new ideas, but new spirit and voice to Kadet Pride, with the help of her Kadet Krazies Leaders, Ava Johnson, Sydney Grad, David Vicker, and Carsen Sorich.

“My plan for Kadet Krazies is to grow it so it is a place where all students and staff of Air Academy belong. I envision all of us being Kadet Krazies, it is not a selective group or place to be,” Mrs.Cullen commented about what she sees in the future of Kadet Krazies.

Sydney Grad, one of the Senior Leaders of the Krazies said, “I am going to be at football games and cheering crazy anyways. If I am going to be crazy, I might as well have people know I am crazy, and convince them to be crazy with me.”

Similar to why Sydney joined,  Ava Johnson stated, “I wanted to join Kadet Krazies and be a leader because I love to go crazy at games and have tons of energy so it just made sense to lead other people in that. Also, I’ve actually always wanted to join cheer and haven’t been able to; Kadet Krazies is a perfect opportunity for me to do something like cheer.” 

As for upcoming games and events, “The kids got together and we brainstormed a bunch of themes and we have several ideas in our minds, and we are going to select a theme for all of our upcoming games. Tonight’s game, since it is homecoming, is just Blue and Silver, but for the future we have come up with Camo, Black Out, and Pink Out (for Breast Cancer Awareness Games), as well as Hawaiian. We are going to incorporate all of that and get as many people involved as possible,” says Mrs.Cullen. 

The rise of Kadet pride comes with lots of responsibility, “I would like to see every member of the student body get involved with Kadet pride and participate in these fun events, whether that be joining Kadet Krazies or simply participating in the fun events and themes we have planned throughout the year.” 

Ava Johnson has high hopes for the future of Kadet Krazies, “I want to see the student body get super involved with us at games and go all out! Our school spirit has been lacking in past years and I hope we can bring it back!”

“It is not too late to join Kadet Krazies. We want everyone in. Students can take 15 dollars to bookkeeping, and bring their receipts to me, in 413, and then they are in.” Come to 413 ASAP so Mrs.Cullen can get your shirt ordered and you can partake in all of the fun!