Prom Here We Come!

Prom is finally here! For some students, it’s their first and for some, it’s their last. This article is gonna contain all of the information regarding prom and after prom. But first the fun stuff of course!

Students were asked if they were going to the after-party at the Summit off of Interquest Parkway. A majority of the students said no because they are planning their own parties.

However, for the students who do not want to go through the trouble of planning a party, there will be an after-party hosted at the Summit right after prom. It will be $20 for entry and then unlimited fun! The after-event lasts until 3:30 am and starts at 11:30 pm. So if you are gonna wear heels, bring some sneakers too!

Here is the picture of the prom poster going over all the prom information.

The prom is going to be on May 14th lasting from 8:00 pm and ending at 12:00 am. The prom will be hosted at the Boot Barn Hall venue located at 13071 Bass Pro Dr, Colorado Springs, CO 80921. The theme of prom is rustic romance and it will definitely be an interesting theme of choice this year. Tickets cost $60 for online purchases and $85 at the door.

Why are the tickets so expensive? Well according to the student council, the venue is expensive, so the ticket prices are needed to pay for it. A huge part of it helps because of the color dance, which was a fundraiser to help pay for the fun venue. 

“The tickets are so expensive because the venue costs a lot,” junior Lexi Wurmstein stated.

With prom coming up everyone is going prom shopping. There are some good stores such as Macy’s at the Chapel Hills Mall and Dillard’s at the Citadel Mall. There are plenty of good stores with good prom outfit styles as well.

Students are excited about prom especially because not all could go to prom last year because of Covid-19. The students now get a second chance at fun and the new prom experience. 

Pictures create everlasting memories luckily there will be plenty of photo opportunities. There will be photographers attending, and cute picture settings for selfies and amazing Instagram posts. Everyone should attend prom since it is a place for beautiful gowns, good music, and snazzy suits.