Air Academy in Flying Colors

Photo credit to Erin Newsome

Green, yellow, orange, or red – it doesn’t matter what class color you represent, you can display creative and unique looks outside of your peers. Every year, we have a class color day during spirit weeks, but do you always wear the same shorts, pants, tights, shirts, or shoes? Try to mix it up a little with these stylish and fun ideas.sw4

Bandanas and shirts are affordable and fun. But not just any bandana or shirt; get one that is your class color or even white and then spoof it up with puffy paint, tie dye, jewels, markers, and so much more. You can write your name, grade, and graduation date. Write “The C14SS of SWAG” or “WE KEEP IT C14SSY” for seniors and “WE’LL MAKE H15TORY” or “WE R15E ABOVE ALL” for juniors. You could just simply write class of 2016/17 for freshmen and sophomores. Wear it proudly knowing that it’s home made and fun to make.sw3

Next are costume ideas for your class color. If you would like to go above and beyond, wearing fun costumes is the way to go. Seniors can wear red capes to feel more like a superhero or dress up as an Incredible (from the movie The Incredibles) or a Power Ranger. These can be easily made using a red morph suit and sewing on each design. For juniors, usually caution cones are used as hats; however, if you want something fiercer, try being a tiger for a day. Using an orange morph suit, you can either draw the black stripes or sew them on. If you don’t have a morph suit, body art for the arms and legs is also an option. For sophomores, yellow banana suits are common and fun. Other entertaining costumes include being a minion from Despicable Me or a fun bumblebee (which also can be made from a morph suit). Finally, the freshman can dress up as green army men or even Robin Hood. The army men are fun to dress up as and are completely green. Robin Hood is fun too and works well if you have a long green shirt and green tights.

On class color day, we all want to look our best, so look your best with style. Don’t forget that dyed hair or bright colored make-up is always a good closer to any good class color day. This week (14-18) is Spirit Week and Friday is class color day, so don’t forget to read these tips!