Top 5 Kadet Lunch Spots

Photo via Flickr under the Creative Commons license. https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8217/8334735046_f22284e166_b.jpg

At AAHS, all it takes to leave our campus and base for lunch is the label of an upperclassman. Here you will find options to help guide your ride when choosing where to go for lunch!

1.  Burger King: This is an obvious option for the Kadets because the BK is only a little ways up the road from the school on base. It has affordable options, and is perfect to get you back in time for those short 45 minute lunches. The address for this tasty destination is United States Air Force Academy, USAF Academy 5125, US Air Force Academy, CO 80840
  2. Chipotle: If you’re looking for a spicier, off base, Mr. Roiko approved lunch, then chipotle is the spot for you! You can choose to make your own burrito, bowl, quesadilla, and more. Located at Plaza At Chapel Hills, 7818 Academy Blvd N, Colorado Springs, CO 80920, Chipotle is a delicious off base option. Be careful, though, 45 minutes can go by pretty fast, and the line can take a while at this fine establishment.
  3. Panera Bread: Another off-base fan favorite is Panera Bread. On academy at 7344 Academy Blvd N, Colorado Springs CO, 80920, this restaurant offers a fine selection of yummy and healthy comfort foods. You can choose anything from macaroni and cheese, soup, salad, sandwiches, and more. An incredibly helpful addition to Panera is that you can order online. So if you find yourself always crunched for time during lunch, then order during school and skip the line! Make sure you have a teacher’s permission before using your device, however…
  4. Young Life Lunch: Another on-base option is a 1$, all you can eat, grilled cheese and French fry lunch. Run by several AAHS moms and AAHS YL leader Grace Schictel, the lunch is located behind the base fire station in the training house every Thursday. The great thing about YL lunch is that ALL STUDENTS can go! That’s right underclassmen are allowed to attend this lunch. If your legal guardian calls the school and leaves your name saying that you have permission to go to YL lunch, then the school allows you to leave campus.
  5. Buffalo Wild Wings: Last but certainly not least, “bdubs” is always a delectable option. This is a favorite to Jetstream Journal’s own Jonathan Flat, along with many other AAHS students that love a spicier option for their lunch time. Located at 7425 Academy Blvd N, Colorado Springs, CO 80920, Buffalo Wild Wings has some of the best wings in town! If you’re not a big wings fan, but still appreciate high quality alternative options, then this is still the restaurant for you.

Remember to stay safe while driving off campus and to only leave if and when you are allowed to. Happy eating Kadets!