Picking the Right School

Kiya Downs and her little brother.

Picking the right school is an important choice to have good grades and follow what you want to learn. Everyone has their own future and has somewhat of an idea of what they want to do. 

Some students want to go to the best school that has their best sport or the best academics. Colorado Springs is rising in great choices for programs. The programs that you can choose from being in the current generation are far bigger than the past. 

For example, Pine Creek has great football and baseball programs for boys. Picking your path in high school is what leads you to have a thought-out future. In my opinion, I would go to the school that has the best options for you. 

Asking for advice from each school counselor of course is biased but they still inform you about the best options for you in school. Looking for the strengths and weaknesses in high schools is what should direct you on the right path. 

“I love AAHS but my little sister wants to follow her passion through volleyball and Lewis Palmer happens to be that school. I definitely want to watch my sister grow up and seeing her in the halls would be a great experience,” sophomore Trey Nohrenberg stated. 

Following your passion through sports and taking the right classes to set you up for your adulthood is the main goal of going through high school. AP and honors classes with high difficulty look great to get you into great colleges and going varsity in any sport and excelling is one way to improve your resume. 

“I love spending time with my younger brother, we always have a lot of fun. Not being able to see him at school like usual is really going to mess up my mental state. Having him here at AAHS would be the best,” junior Landon Elliengher stated.

The importance of finding the correct school makes you feel like your benefitting yourself and your career. Taking the classes that make you happy could be easy but can also be hard and having fun while working hard is the most important part of choosing the right school. 

“I am attending Air Academy strictly for my friends. A benefit of coming here is our baseball team is great. Colleges are looking at our team currently and I am excited for that. My little sister is very smart and a downfall to that is we have college programs through PPCC but that isn’t enough for her. She loves the struggle of getting good grades and pushes herself to take Air Acadmy’s hardest classes but it comes easy to her. She should be going to an early college program,” sophomore Tyler Morales said. 

I would have loved to follow my passion but I had no idea that choosing a different school would help me with that. I love the sport of baseball and harder classes but I think AAHS is the best place for me to be. I have fun here and I hope this article helps others pick where they want to go to follow their dreams.