Different Clothes for Different Occasions

AAHS junior shows off his white vans and colored socks.

There are many students at Air Academy who have a variety of different clothes that they like to wear. Some students prefer to dress athletic, while other students like to dress casual and others just want to be comfortable when they go to school.

Around the school, students dress comfortably for themselves; they also often dress up for concert performances or sporting events they have later in the day.

“Dressing up for games is my favorite part of the day besides playing the actual game,” sophomore Jamiel Jones said. “It makes me feel like I’m a part of the basketball team.”

At Air Academy, there are plenty of student athletes who have preferred styles and brands that they like to wear during games.

Freshman Kyle Demos said, “I like to wear only Nike when I play football. I have always believed that if I feel like I look good on the field then I tend to play better every Friday.”

There are some athletes who don’t like being too flashy with their equipment, such as junior Jared Clark, who commented, “I don’t like to stand out when I play…I feel like if I have the required stuff for basketball, then I think that’s all I need”.

Other students plan their outfits to match the classes they have during that day.

For instance, freshman Helen Barber said, “When I have a Blue day, I have earth science my first period so I don’t like to wear any long clothes or my Burks just in case we have to go to the lab and do an experiment.”

Junior Kate Nho said, “I like to wear sweatpants or leggings with a sweatshirt on my Blue days because those are my hardest classes and I like to be comfortable when I work.”

In all PE and weights classes, Air Academy students are required to wear an Air Academy High School shirt or sweatshirt.

Junior Kalman Adams likes to wear his Kadet wrestling t-shirt, while junior Austin Kloss likes to wear his Air Academy football sweatshirt, saying, “It’s just a comfortable hoodie that I can work out in and not be distracted by.”

At Air Academy High School, many students wear different clothes for different reasons, whether they be for a game later that day or for a PE class, but no matter what the case may be they wear what makes them feel like themselves.