How Jetstream Journalists Operate

How Jetstream Journalists Operate

Extra extra! Here at Air Academy’s Jetstream Journal, we want to encourage and invite you to join our staff and peek into what journalism is all about- in class and as a career.

Writing bimonthly stories has its perks; we make pancakes nearly every day and throw parties almost every month. The class is fun packed and always shows you the news you otherwise wouldn’t see. The class also expands your writing abilities in a non-stressful environment. Avery Rodny, a sophomore Jetstream Journal writer and Copy Editor, says, “I think I’ve really grown as a writer in this class because it encourages you to write often,” but don’t be scared. “Writing stories twice a month isn’t as bad as you think,” says Reagan Brenenstuhl, photo editor. Nicole Anderson says, “I really like journalism because there’s a lot of freedom and creativity. You have a chance to put your words out to our school and to the world. Journalism has been a great experience, I’ve really enjoyed being a part of our school newspaper, the class is great and so fun to go to.” Our journalism class is the perfect opportunity to gain some writing experience and have some fun! With thousands of readers, we love to explore the news and our school deeper than we normally would. Parent Kimberly Musselman says, “I love reading Air Academy’s Jetstream Journal and all the new ideas the writers bring.”

Our team is staffed by different types of editors. Senior and junior section editors include News, Student Life, Sports, Scene and Heard, Lifestyle, Humor, and the Podcast.

What is it like to write and be a journalist as a career? According to Forbes journalist Jenna Goudreau, ” You get to learn every day, meet interesting people, [and] write and speak about new ideas. But if you choose to pursue this field, you’ll need to have talent and passion to ride out the hard times.” Annie Leibovitz of Rolling Stones quotes, “When I started working at Rolling Stone, I became very interested in journalism and thought maybe that’s what I was doing, but it wasn’t true. What became important was to have a point of view.” Journalism, whether here at Air Academy or Rolling Stone, is all about finding more creativity and experience in not only writing but opinion and interest. What we write about is what we care about. The Air Academy High School Jetstream Journal works hard daily to pursue a school newspaper with fast and reliable news and sources, and encourage our student readers to join and/or share us with friends.