12 Netflix Shows that are Under-Appreciated

Netflix.com

Picture courtesy of Netflix.com

Unknown and shockingly addictive television series’ on Netflix that you’re missing out on.

1. Freaks and Geeks Based around the angsty 1980s, this show focuses on the misfits of a public high school and their struggles to fight conformity.
  2. Sense 8 Eight total strangers from around the globe find themselves connected. In their quest to discover each other’s identities, a dangerous organization is out to hunt them down. This thriller goes beyond the curiosity of unnatural beings and their fight from being destroyed.
  3. Life Unexpected This story follows Lux Cassidy, a teenager that has been in the foster system since birth. In her journey to getting emancipated, she runs into her birth parents, who live entirely different lifestyles. As the series progresses and Lux becomes close with her parents, she must decide to continue with the emancipation or join together the family again.
  4. Raising Hope 23 year old Jimmy Chance has an unexpected romantic encounter with Lucy, a wanted felon. When he visits her in prison, he discovers she has given birth to a baby that he now has custody of. This sitcom leaves you rolling on the floor from the absurd and resourceful ways Jimmy and his parents go about Raising Hope.
  5. One Tree Hill This series contains chronicles of five high school students and how their lives are turned upside down when Lucas Scott moves into town. Full of plot twists and hardcore drama, the nine seasons truly reveals the transition from high school life into adulthood.
  6. The IT Crowd A British Sitcom that revolves around three staff members of an IT department: Maurice Moss, a highly intelligent geek who struggles with communication and social situations; Roy Trenneman, a quirky irish man who always ends up in sticky conflicts which eventually leads to injuries; Jen Barber, the “relationship manager” of the IT department after lying on her resume about her experience in computers. This trio keeps the company running with minimal effort and least social interaction as possible.
  7. Master of None Created and main character, Aziz Ansari portrays 30 year-old actor Dev in an attempt to make his way through New York City. “Dating, Career, and finding a great taco: it’s all hard. But becoming a mature adult is a whole other degree of difficulty” (Netflix).
  8. The Following A thriller series that follows Ryan Hardy, a former FBI agent, and his expedition to recapture Joe Carroll, an escaped serial killer and previous english professor fixated on Edgar Allen Poe. When Carroll’s cult following kidnap his son and is sending threats to world, Hardy looks to his former FBI unit for help in locating the killer before he exacts his revenge on the system.
  9. Reign Queen of Scotland, Mary Stuart, embarks to France to insure her engagement to the King’s son, an arrangement that has been planned since the royals were six. However, the prince’s illegitimate brother has taken an eye for Mary and the feeling is mutual. Mary readys herself to find a balance between the demands of her country and those of her heart.
  10. Garfunkel and Oates The comedian folk duo Garfunkel and Oates, real actresses Kate Micucci and Riki Lindhome, archive their messy dating situations and their road to fame performing one satirical song after another. This twosome sings about life’s unspeakable truths, despite the judgement from fellow comedians. This comedy series is unlike any other and definitely will leave you wanting more of this brilliant, and blunt duet.
  11. Twisted Juvenile delinquent Danny Desai returns to his hometown after five years of being in detention, and realizes that things are not the same as he left them. His mother’s socialite success has been tarnished by his mistakes, his best friends have grown apart, and now he is a prime suspect in a murder of a classmate. Danny is determined to prove his innocence, while keeping the secret on his reasoning behind killing his aunt.
  12. Cuckoo When Rachel Thompson returns to her home in Litchfield after a year abroad, her parents meet Cuckoo, the eccentric hippie Rachel married while she was away and brought back to live with her. This three season British sitcom is exuberant, lovable, and wild in all the best ways.