It’s a Matter of Pride

http://www.bing
.com/images/sea
rch?q=Air+Academy
+High+School&FO
RM=HDRSC2#vie
w=detail&id=508
D1D69CD16B53
64D561ABB1A02
74A6308380CE
&selectedInde
x=0

http://www.bing .com/images/sea rch?q=Air+Academy +High+School&FO RM=HDRSC2#vie w=detail&id=508 D1D69CD16B53 64D561ABB1A02 74A6308380CE &selectedInde x=0

One of the top High Schools in Colorado, Air Academy has a lot to offer, from academics to uniqueness. Air Academy High School is currently ranked within the top 10 in the state for its high academic standards, and is the only high school in the United States that is built on a military academy. Our school was recognized by Newsweek in 2004 and 2005 for being one of the top 1000 public high schools in the country in terms of academic achievement. It is also a 9-time winner of the John Irwin School of Excellence Award from the Colorado Department of Education. Despite all the facts that make Air Academy appealing to others, the students who walk the halls of our school have their own ideas about what sets our school apart from the rest. Here they’ve shared the reasons that they’re glad to call Air Academy home.

What is your favorite thing about Air Academy; what makes it the best?

Elisabeth Post- I’m going to be such and band nerd and say, hands down, the friendships and bonds you make in band. I don’t think any another school’s band is as close and supportive as ours.

Solymar Valdez- I’d have to say the teachers make it really great. The teachers love what they do and strive to help us succeed.

Cullan Diffee- I would probably say all the different programs we have. There’s really something for everybody!

Abby Farrell- I would say any extracurricular activity like sports or clubs. I’m involved in Friends of Rachel and it’s something I really enjoy.

Benjamin Dinon- For me, I think for my favorite thing is the environment. It is very safe, we have our freedoms, and it isn’t too restrictive. Also the learning, the teachers know what they are talking about and aren’t too harsh.

Jamie Daino- What makes AAHS the best is all the amazing students and staff collaborating together in a fun safe environment, where students come together and indulge themselves in learning.

Kaelene Brown- The classes they provide like astronomy, dance, Rocky Mountain high, the AVP program, and karate.

Melissa Stokes- I guess it would be the teachers who care about seeing their students succeed and who are personable rather than just the everyday teacher. Mrs. Neace is super personable. It’s nice to know that she wants you to succeed. Mrs. Robson is like that too. And coach Risenhoover teaches a lot of life lessons.

Jenny Beth Maynard- My favorite part is how invested the teachers are in all of our learning. A passionate teacher is a good one.

Kassady Huffman- The best thing is our school spirit!

Becca Huerta- I think what makes AAHS the best is that there are so many clubs that people can get involved in. Everyone can find something that they love and be a part of it. I love Mock Trial because of how people can debate and act all in one. But I really love how we have such a wide spectrum because it’s something that’s not only important but needed. It’s important to be educated and accepting.

Tali Valentine- My favorite part about Air Academy is the quality of the people. It’s diverse while still maintaining a sense of community. I feel like this is the most important because it sets Air Academy apart from a lot of other school environments I’ve seen, and being surrounded by good people makes the four years we all have to spend here worthwhile.