Filed under Student Life

NEW STUDENT COUNCIL

Stuco planned this amazing homecoming football game

The 2016-2017 school year is coming to an end. With only one more month of school left, Student Council at Air Academy High School is having to say goodbye to all their seniors. Without the seniors, almost half of the current Stu-co class is missing. There are currently twenty six students in the class. Next year’s students in the class have some big shoes to fill. Many of the underclass men said that they are “not ready to be cool yet” like the seniors.

This school year, the students involved in Stu-Co have work hard to hold many great dances, fundraisers, after school events, and making sure the student body has an overwhelming amount of school spirit and pride. Chris Peterman, a junior in student council, said that they have accomplished these school events because of “the great students in the class. Everyone is respectful of each other and we all work together. Not only this but my fellow stu-co members are also great leaders in this school who are responsible and organized enough to put together all the various activities that we hold for our student body here at Air Academy High School.

There is a new wave of students entering student council. Unlike this year when they only had one student representing the sophomore class, they will have several new faces to represent each and every grade level.

Prospective students for next year’s class were interviewed. During these student lead interviews the applicant was asked a series of questions.

1. Why do you want to be in Student Council?
  2. What new ideas do you have for the next school year?
  3. What is the legacy that you want to leave behind at AAHS?

After interviewing an array of students from the school it was time to make the decision of who got into the class. After they decided who they were going to have in next year’s class, they presented videos to all students at Air Academy High School. Video by video students decided who they wanted to represent them in the upcoming year. Their pencil marked the blank box next to the candidate’s name and their votes were off.

The week after the students voted, the candidates were informed whether they had won or lost. Following the reveal of the winners, the whole school was informed. Excitement filled the air of the student council classroom when the seniors found out that the legacy they are leaving will be in strong and responsible hands for years to come. Emma Brumm , a Junior in our very own student council, said that she is “definitely excited, we have a strong group of kids coming in and it will add to stuco by having new perspectives and ideas for the upcoming year, while maintaining what Stu-Co is all about, which is making every student at AAHS enjoy their time here.”

I speak for the entirety of the student body when I say: I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE WHAT NEXT YEAR’S STUDENT COUNCIL HAS IN STORE FOR US!

3 Comments

3 Responses to “NEW STUDENT COUNCIL”

1. Calvin Yocum on May 2nd, 2017 11:54 am

Only the future will tell us how our new Student Council will be able to change our school! Great article!

[Reply]

2. Amber Musselman on May 2nd, 2017 12:01 pm

Great article! so excited to see what stuco has in store for aahs next year

[Reply]

3. Bethany Diaz on May 2nd, 2017 12:14 pm

Our Student Council always does such a great job.

[Reply]

*

• NEW STUDENT COUNCIL

Feature

A School Year to Remember

• NEW STUDENT COUNCIL

Feature

50 Things to Do This Summer

• NEW STUDENT COUNCIL

Student Life

Platonic or Romantic: United States versus France

• NEW STUDENT COUNCIL

Student Life

Making a Wish Come True

• NEW STUDENT COUNCIL

Student Life

Classroom Bullies

• NEW STUDENT COUNCIL

Student Life

Motivation is Needed

• NEW STUDENT COUNCIL

Student Life

Trendy Trends

• NEW STUDENT COUNCIL

Student Life

Help is Here

• NEW STUDENT COUNCIL

Student Life

Perks of the USAFA Base

• NEW STUDENT COUNCIL

Student Life

Just How Honest Are AP Students?

NEW STUDENT COUNCIL