Senior Letters

Senior+Letters

The class of 2017 has made a significant impact on not only individuals of Air Academy, but the school as a whole. From amazing performances in choir and drama, to tearing it up on the court or field, this class crushes it in everything they do. Now that their final year at Air Academy is coming to an end, a few seniors would like to say a few words as they part ways with the people and the place that has been home for them for the past four years of high school.

Matt Parker:

“I didn’t always like high school. It stressed me out and some stuff just seemed pointless to me. However, I’ve experienced a lot that has made me who I am. Air Academy helped me discover my place with my friends, my school, and just who I was. I learned how much I love to make people laugh and when to stand up for myself and others (even if it’s a mean teacher). I guess I would like to thank Air Academy for teaching me to be myself and how to make others happy. I will miss staring at the “off-white” walls every day. (That’s a lie… I won’t). ”

Natalie Sannes:

“Air Academy is a bittersweet goodbye. There is a lot I will miss and a lot that I won’t miss. I won’t miss AP tests and having to deal with stupid people, but I will miss the people I grew up with and my teammates. Air Academy taught me how to pursue my passions no matter how hard they are and never lose sight of the things I love. I’d like to thank Air Academy for the roll that it played in the direction my life is headed [Natalie is going to Mercer University in Georgia on a lacrosse scholarship], and for challenging me along the way. ”

Katelin Gallegos:

“I learned a lot of things about myself while attending Air Academy High School. I learned the type of people I like to hang out with, the environment I like to be in, the sports I like to play, and so much more. I am the person that I am because of the lessons I learned in high school. I didn’t always like being at Air Academy, but I am going to miss it. I’m going to miss nights playing basketball, long track meets, and laughing with all of my friends in Doug’s lab. I am very grateful for the person that Air Academy has made me.”

Thank you to the class of 2017 for everything that you’ve made Air Academy to be. We hope you miss us as much as we will miss you. The way you have molded our school and the lives in it will never be forgotten. We cannot wait to see the difference you make out in the world whether it be traveling, college, or a job. Thank you for making our school stronger and building incredible friendships that will last a lifetime. Go change the world.