Infinite Inspirations

Inspire— a word that works in multiple ways. Used with permission from google images under the Creative Commons license. http://www.dreamachieversacademy.com/everyone-can-inspire/

Each day and in many ways, there is at least one thing in people’s lives that motivates them, inspires them, and drives them forward. Always interesting to me, I thought it would be very intriguing to discover what this driving force is for many people. I set out to interview several members of the Kadet community, both students and teachers, to find out their daily inspiration with the question, “What inspires you?”  Here is what they said:

“What inspires me is seeing the difference others are making in the world and to see other people helping others without the need for anything in return. So essentially humanitarianism inspires me, to be kind, and be the best I can be.”
-Kelsey McKenna

“I would say the biggest thing that inspires me is the success of my friends and family members. Also just knowing that you can literally do whatever you set your mind to and accomplish it. A quote I follow is: ‘Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work.’”
-Josh James

“Seeing what I do impact others.”
-David Martin

“My incredibly talented students inspire me every day! I couldn’t teach for 45 years if my students didn’t care about making the best music possible. I love what I do!”
-Mrs. Baack, Choir Director

“I guess just the curiosity of what my future will be like. I’m inspired to work hard so I can accomplish dreams and see where life takes me.”
-Samantha Stallworth

“I’m inspired by the promises of the end goal of whatever I’m trying to do. No matter how hard something can get, I know that in the end it will be worth it and that inspires me to continue.”
-Christina Herrera

Photo via flickr.com under the Creative Commons license. https://www.flickr.com/photos/pictoquotes/16185431358

“I am inspired by possibilities. The possibilities to achieve are endless. I want to be a person who inspires others, while others inspire me. I am driven to be the best self I can be. Ever since I was little, I have wanted to help people in any way I can. I desire to make a difference in the world. The world inspires me to travel and inspire people anywhere I go. The people in my life inspire me to be driven and to reach all my goals. The world gives us endless possibilities, I am inspired to reach my goals by the people I meet and the opportunities I am given.”
-Zoe Hendricks

“Motivated people inspire me.”
-Mr. Gorr, History Teacher

“My family and friends inspire me the most to achieve my goals and believe anything is possible.”
-Carli Smith

“The idea of being ‘better’ inspires me. I’m inspired to excel in school because I know that knowledge and education can bring a better future. I’m inspired to work harder athletically because I know that I can always become a stronger, more skilled, and better athlete. I aspire to ‘better people’ because I know that I can better myself by acting on what I admire in others. I am inspired to work through the hard times because life can and will only get better.”
-Tori Johnson

“One of the things that inspires me most is students (or people in general) who have overcome an obstacle that seems too big for someone to overcome. Not only do they overcome the obstacle, but they still maintain a positive, caring, and outgoing outlook in life. Whenever I get to meet a person like that, it just inspires me to stop complaining and face the obstacle that faces me.”
-Dr. Beers, College Counselor

“My family and my friends inspire me and so does God more than anything else. Everyone around me strives to be the best person they can be and most of the time I can’t help but think that I can’t be anything less than the best version of myself. I would do anything for the people that I love and they inspire me to be me.”
-Kimberly Parker

“It inspires me to see other people live boldly and serve people according to the other person’s needs. It inspires me to see people carry joy because they are pursuing something they’re passionate about. I’m inspired by the authentic love people have for their purpose.”
-Ashlee Heinrich

Photo via google images under the Creative Commons license. https://seanwes.com/tag/inspiration/

“What inspires me is the thought of ‘yolo.’”
-Talitha Messakh

“My passions and my hope for the future.”
Ms. Leavitt, Spanish Teacher

“I’d say I’m inspired by art that makes you feel something, coffee that warms you from top to bottom, and the sight of a different world at sunset. A little unorthodox, but I view them all as minutely life changing.”
Bella Troje

“What inspires me is my faith. For me, I would not have made it through the situations I’ve faced without leaning completely on Jesus and striving for a relationship with him. I’m inspired because I believe that through and because of the gospel my sins are gone and death has no power over me. From there, it’s so much easier to love others and to feel FREE— to be the best version of myself and to have no fear in the future. I know my life is bright and set for a higher calling because I’m inspired by my faith.”
Tali Valentine

“I think I’m inspired by different things… I’m inspired by people that are happy and just themselves because I want to be that way too and I’m also inspired by nature because when you take the time to actually look, you can see how pretty different things in nature are.”
Helene Busse

“Friends, people who’ve chosen unusual lives, and this will sound crazy, but even characters in books who consistently do what they think is right even if it’s unconventional.”
Kylie Karasopoulos

“Helping and developing people to be their best. Great this time of year to hear all about the plans and dreams for our seniors!”
Mrs. Powell, Counselor

“What inspires me is being able to get up every single morning, and to see friends at school. What inspires me is art– Creating art and looking at others people art. What inspires me is the look in someone’s eyes as they talk about what they love, that small glimmer, that smile, letting go. What inspires me is knowing that I am so close to reaching my goal and graduating from high school. What inspires me alongside art is knowing that i want to be a teacher of art, to inspire future students to let their creative side open, to explore many endless possibilities, and strong suits. What inspires me is the laughter and talk of art. The many art teachers at AAHS who have done nothing but encouraged me to follow my dreams and make them reality. This is what inspires me.”
Jacqueline Gahimer

“I think for me the idea of learning something new inspires me to do anything I do.”
Ishaan Kochhar

“Passion.”
Jeffrey Kaczmarek

“Hope for the future, reaching for excellence, connecting with others, making a difference… these are all things that inspire me. In addition, the simple joy of a smile, the laugh of a friend, and the support of all the people in my life are what inspire me to go out there and achieve success, while making an impact on the world.”
Emily Olson (author)

Whether family, friends, or something else altogether inspires you, it’s great to focus on this inspiration and make it an integral part of a life defined by a productive and positively-oriented mindset. With inspiration comes motivation, and with motivation, success often follows. As one of the last articles I will ever write for the Jetstream Journal, I hope to leave you with one final message: pursue your passions and find your own happiness. Let your inspirations drive you forward.