Year 2 – The Legacy Continues

(Left to Right) Top: Kenzie Weller, Jacob Wilkes, Carys Jacobs, Kayla Wiitala, Katie Rainsberger, Jenny Beth Maynard, Ryan Henley, Brady Becco, and Mrs. Steinke. Bottom: Emma Wood, Sophie Braker, Emily Olson, Saoirse O’Connor, Maddy Jahelka, Maddy Flicker, and Nikol Podlacha.

The very first statement I have the pleasure to make is:

Welcome back to the second year of the The Jetstream Journal!

I’d like to introduce myself as the Senior Managing Editor of the paper for the 2014-15 school year, succeeding the great steps of Cody Maynard.

We’re launching this year with a small group of staff dedicated to progressing the newspaper even further than our inaugural year. I’m happy to announce that we’ve gained some valuable new writers and editors, so be prepared to see new names under the articles, and we’ve spent the first two months of school prepping the new-and-improved website. Not to say this is the final product, however – we’ve got our eyes set on great modifications in the near future.

If you’re a returning reader, you may notice some changes as you click around.

With a smaller staff, we’ve condensed our articles into three areas of interest (excluding the columns): Student Life, News, and Athletics. Our Feature articles have been merged with Student Life, where you’ll now find all stories concerning happenings around school and about your friends, and because our In-Depth stories were few-and-far between, we’ll now feature them in News or Student Life when pertinent. We’ve altered the layout of our main page faintly in order to organize the columns, widgets, and categories accordingly.

Have no fear, though, because we will continue to put out some of our best accompaniments, including Quote of the Month, Polls, and we’ve got new widgets to come. This year, we’ll also be introducing videos to the website and articles, replacing Monthly Study Tips with Monthly Fun Facts, and releasing monthly articles on music and popular entertainment.

For the coming year, marketing is going to be a key focus of ours so we can expand our audience and traffic on the website. This means we need your input to improve the appeal of The Jetstream Journal. We want to know what our audience wants to see in the paper, not just us. Send us your comments on the website, Facebook page, or email – we’re happy to hear them anywhere.

Of course, throughout the year, we will always uphold our Mission Statement. The Jetstream Journal is wholly and truly meant to be a voice for Air Academy. As the final approver of all articles, I take responsibility for any discrepancies or causes for complaint in the newspaper, and promise to promptly adjust all mistakes. We aim to entertain all of you, our readers from faculty to students to parents, and bring you stories relevant to your lives.

Sit back, relax, investigate our new writers, and enjoy the first edition of this year’s The Jetstream Journal.

Kenzie Weller, Senior Managing Editor

Email: [email protected]

Facebook: The Jetstream Journal

Instagram: thejetstreamjournal