Spring Sports Are Approaching!!!

AAHS boys lacrosse rival against tough team Windsor.

Girls soccer warming up for the biggest game of the season

Spring sports are approaching and it is one of the busiest times of the year for Air Academy athletes! From balancing academics to playing it out onto the field, all students at AAHS try their hardest inside and outside the classroom to maintain high-performance levels on the field.

There is a variety of spring sports approaching this February such as boys and girls lacrosse, girls soccer, track and field, baseball, and boys swimming and golf. With Covid-19 being something of the past, most regulations on sports have been lifted. Thus, causing the athletes to want to go out there and have a pleasing season. AAHS has an abundant amount of athletes who train hard for the spring season and some students are just anxious to hit the fields again. 

“Last season was very different from what I expected it to be, there weren’t a lot of people in the student section. A lot of the time when practicing inside such as weights we had to wear masks. But this season is already starting to look a lot different and I am very excited to see what the lacrosse season is going to be like,” sophomore Makena Farrell stated.

Previous seasons such as girls and boys lacrosse had a very successful season last year. All are waiting for the chance to go out there and shine, especially if it may be their last year playing lacrosse for the school. 

“I only started playing lacrosse last season, and even though it is my last year on the team. I know it is going to be the best season yet. However, to have everyone else on the team to play at their top-notch abilities especially since we made the playoffs last year, and hopefully, we can make it again this year,” senior Reagan Nohrenberg noted. 

Whereas another sport that is quite popular is baseball. With AAHS having a new coach for the season, baseball players have been waiting to see how the season will turn out. With going 8-8 last year, the boys are super driven and excited for this year’s season and are hoping for a good turnout with the outcomes so far in pre-season. 

“This season is going to be the best one yet. We have a new coach and some great freshmen coming in who are already looking great in preseason practices. But besides that, we are hopefully gonna do better against the more tough teams this year than the last but I’m confident in our team and what the outcome will lead to,” sophomore Evan Lawrentz commented.

In particular, another sport that went unnoticed last year was girls soccer. The girl’s team is also looking forward to this season. Each year the team holds enough girls for 3 teams. A lot of girls who were on JV last year were looking forward to the spring season to get an opportunity to play varsity. 

“I made JV last year but I did get to swing onto varsity. It was difficult at times to swing and not play. But in the long run, I got some playing time and now I’ve seen myself grow and such to actually play on the field this season,” sophomore Briley Steinman said. 

Along with this, there are many sports that are about to strike up the interest in the AAHS athletics department. With soccer, lacrosse, baseball, track and field, and even golf, there is a wide variety of sports to choose from. Sports are a way to get out energy or even just to make new friends. AAHS can hold all types of sports to accommodate students. Spring sports are one of the most active for any athlete here at AAHS with the support of other Kadets. Hopefully, AAHS can make this season the best yet in the record book!