Come On, Guys! It’s Too Early to Celebrate Christmas

Santa can’t come out to play until I’ve thrown out an entire Turkey. Santa from: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiPrYnFl8flAhVJjp4KHWE6CEwQjhx6BAgBEAI&url=https%3A%2F%2Fcommons.wikimedia.org%2Fwiki%2FFile%3AJonathan_G_Meath_portrays_Santa_Claus.jpg&psig=AOvVaw2-EuNyjopYvEYe_JvvybX2&ust=1572634858874994

An Instagram poll demonstrates that November is too early for Christmas. Take note, people.

It’s October 31st, the scariest night of the year. Your breath is cold and fear widens your eyes as the clock strikes midnight.  “It’s okay, it’s too soon for that,” you tell yourself.

But then you hear it.

The sound of metal against metal, the banging and ringing that haunts your ears before you’ve even had time to take off your Halloween apparel. “NO! NO! NO!”

It’s too late. “Ring-a-ling, hear them ring,” The nightmare isn’t before Christmas; it’s Christmas coming too early.

Though some may believe that “It’s Never too Early for Christmas” that opinion is, as much as opinions can be, utterly wrong.

November is reserved for Thanksgiving, which is now the the loneliest holiday of them all. It’s the Pluto of festivities, constantly being left out of the group. With Halloween, Christmas, and even Valentine’s Day all having their music and movies, there isn’t much left for Thanksgiving to take. It’s got good food for sure, but Halloween has candy and Tiny Tim stole the prized turkey…so what does Thanksgiving have, really?

It deserves some recognition!

Don’t celebrate Christmas too soon, and if not for the sake of Thanksgiving, do it for the kids. There are 54 days between November 1st and December 25th; that is approximately 15% of the entire year. Spending it all on Christmas is an absolute waste.

Air Academy’s students contain some split opinions on when to celebrate.

“I start to get into the Christmas spirit at the start of November, ” said Senior Nathan Wright. In his own twisted mind, Wright believes that what he is doing is, well…right. “Do you not love Jesus enough to give him at least two months to celebrate his birthday?” said Wright.

It seems that these extremists believe that they are actually doing good in celebrating Christmas early. According to Wright, Thanksgiving is the problem.

“What is there to like?” said Wright. “Being around people you are lukewarm on for an entire day and walking on eggshells so you don’t accidentally start a riot.”

Harsh words may be understandable to some students. Thanksgiving surely doesn’t have quite as many Hallmark Movies as Christmas does, but does that mean that society should forget Thanksgiving altogether?

Either way, Christmas does contain a few fans who possess self-control.

“AFTER Thanksgiving. NEVER before,” said freshman Ella McCormick. Unlike some students, McCormick actually appreciates Thanksgiving and will wait to listen to Mariah Carey’s belting until after Thursday night.

But both parties appreciate Christmas…and that’s what it’s all about right?

Wrong.

For those who believe in the Christmas spirit, the constant, overwhelming bombardment of candy canes and Christmas trees before December spoils the virgin eggnog. Like a good (Christmas) song being played too much, ears get tired and mistletoe dies out before the 25th has even arrived.

Students of Air Academy, take a stand and tell your friends, “No.” Your classmates need you, and if you’re one of the lost souls who believe celebrating Christmas early is okay: it’s not okay and it’s not forgivable, but it is something that can be fixed.