Kadet Koffee: Better Than Ever

Ms. Johnson is excited to run Kadet Koffee with students.

As the weather gets colder and colder, Kadet Koffee is destined to become a popular spot on campus. The frigid cold winds of the early morning will send students into a shivering state, as well as into Kadet Koffee.

Within the shop, there will be an enjoyable aroma of coffee beans, mouth-watering frappes, and friendly faces behind the counter. Plus, there is a cozy and comfortable lounge that compliments Kadet Koffee making it the perfect place to chill and savor drinks.

The Kadet Koffee prices have significantly dropped this year, and the taste has been redefined. Competitors like Dutch Bros. and Starbucks charge $3.50 and $3.65 for a latte while Kadet Koffee only asks for $2.50. The menu has also been drastically improved, making Kadet Koffee a steal of a deal.

When asked about the new tastes and menu, the advisor of Kadet Koffee, Ms. Johnson said, ”All of our recipes for each of our drinks have changed. The DECA officers tested out new ingredients and came up with a really great menu.”

From personal experience, I can confirm that although I’m not much of a coffee person, the coffee tastes amazing. In addition to the enhancements of the menu, the trendy drink La Croix has been added to the menu which they’re only charging $1.00 for a can.

Last year Kadet Koffee was a hit and this year the store has hit the ground running. With a successful soft pre-opening, teachers were given free drinks, as long as they agreed to critique the coffee.

Ms. Johnson said, “There was an overwhelming amount of people who said their drinks tasted great.”

Johnson also included that customer service was big for the group and that the drinks that students didn’t put enough care into were remade and were personally delivered to the teachers from the president of DECA. Kadet Koffee strongly cares about its customers and will admit when they mess up, which shows exceptional service.

Under Ms. Johnson’s lead, Kadet Koffee appears to be on the track for success in her first year running it.  When asked why she wanted to run Kadet Koffee she said she, ”caught the teaching bug and has a passion and degree in business.”

Ms. Johnson also said she is most excited about, “seeing the excitement of empowered young people.” This shows that Ms. Johnson truly wants to see her students succeed and is thrilled to show students the insides and outs of running a business while applying first-hand experience in Kadet Koffee.

Once Kadet Koffee has its grand opening on October 1st, it will be evident that students, teachers, staff, and visitors will eagerly line up to taste the delicious coffee. Don’t miss it!