Need Help Writing?

The new Kadet Writing Access Center (KWAC) is a way for students to get help in their English classes.

The KWAC was introduced this year because of the success of the KMAC last year, which is where students can get help for their math classes. Located in D building on the ramp in room 502, the KWAC sits next to the KMAC in room 501. 

Cyndy Morgan, an English teacher who runs the KWAC, has very positive things to say about it.

“I love seeing the students succeed,” Morgan said. “Students work very hard to get their grades up.”

When students go to the KWAC, they can either make an appointment at “airacademy.myonline.com,” or they can show up and ask for a time to come in and work. Morgan is not the only teacher that is in the KWAC; there are multiple English teachers, including Elise Hatfield, Jessica Chamberlain and Brink Spear (a retired AAHS English teacher).

Students also noted the benefits of the KWAC.

“It’s been helpful and beneficial for my English class,” said senior Reagan Brenenstuhl.

Senior Kyle Pope was excited to see the addition of the KWAC.

“I am happy that I finally have a place to go to where I can get help for my English class,” he said.

Another reason why students love the KWAC so much is because it gives them a reason to study for upcoming quizzes and tests in English classes. Any students can come in from freshman to seniors; the KWAC accepts all.

Students have shared that the reason they love the KWAC most of all is that they get the one-on-one help that they rarely get in their own English classes.