Senior Bucket List

Photo via Wikimedia Commons under the Creative Commons license.

Senior year is glorified all three years of your high school career. You have seen seniors getting special privileges that underclassmen only dream of one day receiving.  There is a certain bucket list seniors create for themselves to have the ultimate last year of high school. As the underprivileged rise up to take their place on the high school throne, there are many activities to take part in and to look forward to in order to make senior year the best year yet.

1. Dressing up weird for student ID pictures

As underclassmen, we would laugh at the seniors who would dress oddly for their student ID, because that picture wouldn’t end up as their yearbook picture. As the new senior year rolls around, this is a great and playful way to kick off the start of your last year in high school.

1.   Senior Sunrise

This is one of the classic senior activities to have on your senior bucket list. Waking up extra early, picking up Dunkin’ Donuts, and taking cute pictures with your friends springs forth the excitement into your senior year.

1.  Registering to vote

This is the year when many of your peers become legal adults. There is something exhilarating about the idea of becoming an adult and voting while still attending high school. The situation becomes one of the ideal moments in becoming a senior.

1.   Senior Ditch Day

As an underclassman, you show up to school like the good student you are and wonder why there is no one there. The place seems empty. To find out it is Senior Ditch Day and there is yearning for the moment when you too can be cool enough to have your own Ditch Day. Because this is now on your radar for your senior bucket list, there will be no more FOMO taken place.

1.  Senior Prank

Senior Prank: a legacy. This is the moment when your class gets to leave their mark on the school. It is a memory left for you, your classes, your teachers, and your community in remembrance of your elevated school spirit.

1.  Senior Breakfast

Senior Breakfast is the time to gather with your fellow classmates as you are all about to go your separate ways. Making your way through senior year, this is one of the activities that is on top of your bucket list- when you have the honor of being capped by your loved ones.

1.  Graduation

The item that tops them all on the bucket list is graduation; everything leads up to this point. This is the moment that is bittersweet for seniors. They no longer get to be the rulers of the school, they pass the torch down to the up-comers. They say goodbye to their peers that got them through all four years of high school and say hello to the next adventures of their life.

1.  Telling the people that helped you get through high school what they meant to you

Repaying the teachers and staff who have helped you along your high school career by a simple “thank you.” This is an important item on the bucket list because you might never get another chance to repay the deed that they gave to you.
The ultimate senior bucket list will help the senior class have many things to look forward to throughout the year and to remember all the things that they have loved throughout their four years. Senior year is meant to still be hardworking, but the senior class has enough activities to look forward to throughout their last year of high school.