Upcoming Senior Year

Labeled for reuse by Picserver.org

Labeled for reuse by Picserver.org

Senior year… a big year for high schoolers everywhere. You decide where to go to college, if you’re going to college, where you will get a job, if you will in enlist in the military, etc.

For my upcoming senior year, I want it to be as memorable as possible. Matt Parker, an Air Academy senior, that will be attending the University of North Carolina,  stated “Senior year flew by. Some of it I won’t miss at all, but some things you wish you had more time to do.” With that said, I want to make good use of my senior year and try new things, be adventurous, and do anything to make it last.

Five main goals for my senior year!

1.) To be as involved in AAHS sports as much as possible.

In my senior year, I look forward to cheering my friends on in whatever sport they may play whether its basketball, baseball, soccer, lacrosse, or band. I want there to be a large crowd at all events to help give our Kadets that extra push to win the game.

2.) Good grades

Senior year may not be as difficult and as stressful as your junior year, but that doesn’t mean you should stop trying your best to excel in your studies. Colleges are always looking to see if there is improvement or a lack of discipline when it comes to your school work.

3.) Involve yourself in the community

I want to leave a good reputation behind when I leave Air Academy and this means doing my best to help others. Whether it’s some sort of activity at school like Link Crew, showing new students around the school, or Student Council in which you try to make sporting events, dances, and assemblies as fun as possible. If not at school than in your community around you. At a homeless shelter, a soup kitchen, the humane society, or any organization that wants to make the world a better place.

4.) For everyone to walk at graduation

Most high schoolers like myself look forward to walking at graduation and enjoying the ceremony that symbolizes our shift from teenagers to adults. And I want to share this cool experience with all of my classmates. So that means to actually do your homework and stay away from things that you know are not good for you.

5.) Senior trip

Last but not least, to top off my senior year of high school I want to have an unforgettable time with my friends before we all go our separate ways. The summer of our senior year will be full of camping trips, hanging out at the pool, and trying to forget about our on coming responsibilities as adults.

All of these things and much more is what I look forward to during my senior year. Corbyn Berg is a senior varsity wrestler and he will be attending Colorado State University said, “Although I’m glad to be done with high school and moving on to different things in life, high school is something I will always miss.”