Kadet Spring Break Review

Original Photo by Jessica Cox

If you pictured the students of Air Academy High School spending Spring Break on their phones in bed all day, then you thought wrong!  Your fellow Kadet students did everything from kayaking on Lake Powell to traveling to Europe to even getting adopted! Stay tuned to experience Spring Break Kadet-style; you are about to go on one heck of a ride!

Jessica Cox, a junior Kadet and varsity lacrosse player, spent her week kayaking in Lake Powell and exploring with Younglife, a youth ministry. “We would kayak every day and sleep on the beach at night. We cliff jumped, worshiped, ran around on the endless rock formations, had unforgettable dance parties, roasted s’mores, and had a grand ole time.” Sounds like a good time to us, that’s for sure!

Original Photo by Jessica Cox

Maddie Stewart, a freshman at AAHS, found herself in Los Cabos, Mexico, celebrating her own adoption! Along with lots of celebration (much anticipated at that), Maddie and her family golfed “aaaaaalot,” went horseback riding on the beach, and zip-lined amidst the beautiful island atmosphere. “Cabo itself was absolutely incredible. Although, it was honestly just so nice coming together as a family finally, knowing that we would have the same last name under one household at last. This bond between my stepdad and I has grown so strong, especially now that we will be recognized as father and daughter from now on!”

Amber Musselman, a sophomore at Air Academy, hopped on a plane to Europe to experience life in the Italian cities of Florence and Rome. “This trip was such an eye-opener to me because it was the first time I’ve ever traveled to another country! I loved gazing at the old buildings and architecture there. Trying to speak Italian (and failing at it) was also a new and exciting experience.” As an only child, Amber always loves family trips with her parents, but notes missing her friends more than ever on this trip especially. After all, vacationing in other countries sometimes has this effect on people.

Hartley Conforti, a Kadet sophomore and lacrosse team captain, traveled to Palm Beach, Florida, over break this March. “I went to the pool and the beach every day and got a sick tan. One day we drove around the neighborhoods where Donald Trump and Estee Lauder own homes, which was incredible to see!” She enjoyed shopping and the awesome food but happily and willingly came back home to her friends and our gorgeous, to-die-for Colorado mountains.

Yet another Kadet sophomore, Deborah Barduniotis, spent her days of break hiking in our very own Rocky Mountain National Park. “My family and I camped over break, which was rather cold. With each lengthy hike, I became weary, but the end result continued to take my breath away each and every time. It was a break well spent in my mind!”

So whether you yourself traveled to another country or just spent time with friends at home, we hope that your break was as enjoyable as all of ours.

Happy Spring, fellow readers!

Love,

Your Very Own Kadets