AAHS Hockey Hustle

AAHS Hockey Hustle

ALL OUT, ALL GAME, ALL SEASON

The Air Academy Hockey team, lead by head Coach Andrew, is off to a great start for the 2016-2017 season. Tryouts this year gave the team a fresh start as a team because of how many freshman tried out. Along with this, the Air Academy High School hockey team has a very diverse group of athletes, both girls and boys from Discovery Canyon Campus and Air Academy High School.

December 1st was the team’s first game against Doherty at Sertich Ice Arena which they won 5-3. Later that week they had their rivalry game against Cheyenne Mountain High School. All three periods of the game were filled with intensity, although it ended in upset when Air Academy  lost 7-3.  One of the AAHS hockey managers, Milly Mollica, when asked how she thinks the team handled the loss she responded by saying “this loss motivated the team.It also made them realize that they need to work harder to beat teams like Cheyenne. Not all teams are going to hand them a win.”

The team seems to have a very successful season ahead of them. Will MacGuire #14 on the AAHS hockey team states that “Since I haven’t been on the team for a very long time it is hard to say what the season is gonna be like this year. Although, I am very excited for our next game on Friday against Rampart. I want to have a victory after our loss to Cheyenne.” 

We will have to wait and see what the outcome of the 2016-2017 hockey season, but it is looking like it is going to be a great one. The team has continued practicing extremely hard for their next game Friday December 9, 2016 against the Rampart Rams at Sertich Ice Arena in Colorado Springs at 3:45 so make sure to go and support them and cheer them on for the win. SKO ‘DETS!