Air Academy High Presents…

The talented students of AAHS recreated the infamous Jane Austen novel, Pride and Prejudice, November 3rd-5th. It was no surprise that the execution of the production blew away and flashed back all of the audience in attendance to England in the 1900’s.

“This performance of Pride and Prejudice really did the story justice through portraying it in a new and interesting way. On top of that, the students selected to perform were all perfectly suited for their roles and made the show both hilarious and enjoyable to watch. Overall, this was a fantastic play and deserved all the praise it received,” Molly Robinson, senior Kadet, happily shared about the closing night of the show.

Pride and Prejudice bows
Susan Davis
Pride and Prejudice bows

In under six weeks, the British accents were perfected, lines were memorized, the set was built, and a master piece was created. Every day after school the cast and tech furiously worked as the deadline pushed closer and closer.

Cast and Crew after rehearsal
Susan Davis
Cast and Crew after rehearsal

Terrie Farley, transfer student from Germany and new to the theater program at AAHS, said, “Being in the show acted as a gateway of acceptance from my peers and happiness from myself. I was a bit nervous to put myself out there, but I am so glad I did because it allowed me to meet some of my best friends and have a great time on AND off stage.”

Believe it or not, there were a lot of new additions to the Air Academy theater program this year and, boy, did they make their mark. Issac Whitaker, a freshmen transfer student, was hesitant on auditioning, but ended up with one of the male leads, Mr. Bennet. As well as Keegan Janss, who scored the classic, pompous Mr. Wickham.

Wickham (Keegan Janss), Kitty ( Megan Caroll), and Lydia (Kyle Weis)
Susan Davis

The theater department, run by Mrs. Manst, produces two shows each school year, one play in the fall and a spring musical. The musical for this upcoming new year is Into the Woods! If you love singing or trying new things, definitely stay tuned for the audition sign-ups posted outside room 402 coming the beginning of December. And if acting on stage isn’t your cup of tea, give technical a shot! Tech builds sets, runs lights, and helps the actors backstage. Air Academy’s shows would not exist if tech was not around.

Pride and Prejudice technical crew
Susan Davis
Pride and Prejudice technical crew

If you missed out on Air Academy High School’s production of Pride and Prejudice, don’t worry! Susan Davis, a committed costume mom and photographer for the shows, filmed the entire show and uploaded it to youtube.com. Check out this link: http://youtu.be/mypk9L2rt9o

Final night of Pride and Prejudice
Susan Davis
Final night of Pride and Prejudice

*Theater club holds meetings the first Thursday of every month in the auditorium during lunch*