Local Cafés Way Better than Starbs

Processed with VSCO with c6 preset

We’re high school students who wake up early to go to school at 7:45 AM…. we like our caffeine and we like it yummy. Here’s a list of cafès to try which are sure to impress:

1. The Matè Factor:

The Matè Factor resides in Manitou Springs with the best yerba matè around. They serve vegan, vegetarian, healthy sandwiches, teas, lattes, salads, and desserts almost 24/7. The interiors are almost renaissance festive and decorated in the most adorable fashion. If you’re looking for a cozy, Manitou experience, the Matè Factor is just for you.

2. The Perk Downtown:

The Perk Downtown makes the heart of Downtown Colorado Springs home. They serve coffees, teas, and cafe foods. The shop gives off a very open feel with all glass walls and an upstairs seating area, indoors and out. When asked about working downtown, a worker commented, “We see all walks of life; in one line we can see someone in the military, a homeless person, a lawyer, and a teacher.” Live music is a big part of the cafe: “We offer a great live music setting for musicians and provide fair compensation package,” stated one of the employees. While visiting, the iced maté and hot chocolate are huge favorites. This cafe promotes aspiring artists in the local community; email [email protected] for more information.

3. Poor Richards’s:

I love this shop so much that I have gone twice in one day. The three sections, shop, cafe, and restaurant offer so much to do. They have a large section of books and movies to perfectly go along with your coffee or tea. It also sells humorous cards and miscellaneous gifts. “What sets us apart is our atmosphere. We have such a fun team and it really rubs off on our customers.” The herbal soy chai is a hit. For a great Christmas present this season and great coffee, this is the place to come.

4. Jives Coffee Lounge:

Local, open mic nights on Wednesday and Thursday truly make up the local feel. With two locations, one in the parking lot for the Pikes Peak Harley Davidson store, across from University Village and one in Old Colorado City, the two locations provide amazing drinks and atmosphere. The stage is always playing fun music and workers are always friendly. Fan favorites include the White Tiger (hot drink) and poppy seed muffins. This is a perfect coffee shop for school mornings for Air Academy students because it’s located at the University Village!

5. Agia Sophia

This coffee and lunch cafe is one of the most interesting cafes in town. Of all the above, it is probably the most ideal for studying because of the quiet nature and relaxed atmosphere. You’ll most likely catch students and people reading poetry there. While visiting, the pizza panini and iced teas are highly recommended.