Clubs, Clubs, and More Clubs!

Badminton.+Via+https%3A%2F%2Fpixabay.com%2Fen%2Fbadminton-game-shuttlecock-sports-1292970%2F.+Under+google+labeled+for+reuse+

Badminton. Via https://pixabay.com/en/badminton-game-shuttlecock-sports-1292970/. Under google labeled for reuse

Air Academy High School offers a variety of clubs for the many different interests of its students. The recent club fair gave us a glimpse of all the clubs our school has to offer. Clubs are one of the best parts of being an Air Academy student; they allow students to pursue their interests, hang out with friends, and learn new things. This article will focus on just three of the many awesome clubs at Air academy, and we will continue to highlight many of the clubs in additional articles throughout this year.

Learn how to put the “bad” in badminton by joining and competing in Badminton Club. Badminton is a racket sport in which a shuttlecock is hit back and forth over a net by players using light rackets. The club is lead by Mr. Nalbach, one of the health and PE teachers at Air Academy. Mr. Nalbach says that “Badminton is a fun sport and a great way to break up the day.” Badminton is a sport that can be played at all ages and helps to encourage lifelong fitness. Badminton Club is a great way for students to learn, compete, and enjoy badminton.

Badminton Club meets in the big gym on Silver days. Specific dates for Badminton Club have yet to be determined, but they will most likely start in mid to late October and finish playing before winter break. The club will start out by learning the basics and going over etiquette, but will soon transition to playing games and tournaments. Up to 64 people can join, so don’t miss out.

According to Buzzfeed, “Today we snap as many photos in two minutes as humanity as a whole did in the 1800s.” With all the photos we snap, why not make them quality photos? Well the place to do this is Air Academy’s fairly new Photography Club. The Photography Club is a place for students to meet, take photos, share knowledge about photography and learn how to use a camera and all of its functions. If you’re interested in photography and want to learn how to get the best out of your photos, join Photography Club.

Photography Club meets twice a month in the visual arts teacher’s, Ms. Mullinix, room. They meet during Kadet time. Typically during the club time, members will go on a hike and take pictures. Currently, the club has 40 members. Who wouldn’t want to join this photography ‘click.’

If you have ever had Mr. Stach as a chemistry teacher, you know that chemistry can be hard, but you also know that chemistry can be super fun and interesting. Chemistry Club puts the fluorine, uranium, nitrogen (F.U.N.) into chemistry. Instead of balancing chemical equations and writing lab discussions, this club performs demonstrations, talks about cool chemistry concepts, and even adds food into the equation. This year, Chemistry Club will be adding a new twist to their program. They will be taking field trips to local elementary schools to do demonstrations as a way to get younger kids interested in science.

Chemistry Club already has 101 students and is one of the most popular clubs at Air Academy. They meet during Kadet time on Blue Thursdays in Mr. Stach’s room. Come to Chemistry club to learn and discover while having a great time with friends.
Although the club fair is over, many clubs still accept late sign ups. Badminton Club, Photography Club, and Chemistry Club are only three of the many clubs at Air Academy. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to learn and try new things, while making new friends and having a lot of fun. Join a club!